One item lingering on my living room decorating to do list is a new ceiling fixture. That is about to soon be crossed off! Finally, the time has come to make the change!
I have long debated on what to do. Do I install a decorative fixture? Do I install another ceiling fan? I gasp at my own question!
In Texas, in a room with mostly exterior walls and windows, having a ceiling fan helps to cool down the room and is something I’ve become used to.
After a stint at the end of the summer without it, and noticing the difference, I was even more swayed to stick with a fan. At least I knew I could find a pretty fan.
Fans have improved a lot more recently and thank goodness there are tons of great looking options available. I’ve narrowed down five that I would consider and would highly recommend for more contemporary spaces!
1. This sculptural Artemis fan is from Minka Aire, a company that makes some really fantastic fans in general. Pun was not intended there!
2. This glamorous lucite blade beauty is an exclusive from Horchow. It is available in several finishes and like most well-designed products from NM will probably sell really fast!
3. The Torto Fan from Fanimation is another sculptural fan available in several different finish options. I like this one that looks like a brushed metal option the best.
4. The Ball fan from the Modern Fan Company is a classic basic! This modern beauty can go just about anywhere! It’s generally easy to find, not very expensive, and available in a variety of sizes and color options.
5. From the makers of Big Ass Fans, the chic industrial fans that are literally as their name suggests, BIG ASS, comes the smaller more residential friendly version! Haiku Bamboo shown here is so pretty as it is. This fan is available in a darker bamboo version as well as 7 metal finishes to coordinate with any design style!
Hmmm….now to make a decision on the fan for me. Which one do I want in my living room?